Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow Day

The thick blanket of snow that God sent our way could not have come at a better time. Everyone in my little family has caught the horrible cold that is going around and we needed an excuse to stay in and watch TV all day. We don't do very well with resting...David and I keep our schedules pretty busy and Mia's favorite thing to do is to "Go, go" (usually to Walmart). David's meeting at the church was cancelled and SSU is closed for the day and I absolutely hate to drive when there is even a little bit of snow on the ground.

Mia got up at 6 and her cold has already knocked her out for a nap this morning. She and I snuggled up in bed and watched Little Einsteins. I rubbed her back and before I knew it she was sound asleep. So, now David and I have a great opportunity to catch up on our movie watching (thanks, Mom, for Netflix!). When I ignore how much my throat hurts, it feels like the perfect day. I love snow days!

1 comment:

Patty said...

I'm happy that you are enjoying the snow day. I hope your throat feels better soon. I'm snowed in here with a warning from your dad not to leave the house unless it's an emergency. :) There's plenty to do, but somehow I just can't get at it. Love you! Hope my little Mia is better soon.