Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cute Things My Kids Do

My favorite things to post about are my kids...and I really love sharing all the cute things they are doing.

Maleigha:
1. I love how she can't quite remember simple words so she just says what comes to her mind or she tries to describe it. For example, she was outside the other day helping me dig up weeds and she said, "Mommy, I need a...a...shelf". I tried not to laugh because she is a little sensitive about it when she messes up her words and just replied, "Here ya go. Here's the shovel."

2. She has started to really take notice of sunsets and her response is always, "Look, Jesus made the sky pink just for me...he knows its my favorite."

3. I admire the way she doesn't care at all what people think about the way she dresses...if she wants to wear a yo gabba gabba party hat to church, she will and not think anything about it.

4. I love to watch her sing at church. She closes her eyes and sings so passionately. She lifts her hands to the sky and dances like nobody is watching her. Oddly enough it makes me want to laugh and cry all at the same time....if only we could all worship like that

5. Although it has become somewhat of a problem...it is still so cute that she can't control her affection for her brother. She squeezes his chubby little arms and legs and kisses all over him.

Zane:
1. He started rolling over while we are on vacation last month and he mostly practices during the night. I put him to bed at one end and I find him turned on his side at the other end when I go to get him.

2. He already loves to sing. When we sing to him, he sings along with his gurggles and coos and a huge smile on his face. I am almost certain that he asked me to sing to him last week...he looked me straight in the eyes and started softly and melodically cooing.

3. He loves his sister...if she is in the room, his eyes are on her. She makes him laugh and he loves cuddling with her before they both go to bed.

4. When he gets really tired he gets a little out of control...he talks and laughs and wiggles. It is a little sad because I know he is extremely tired but it is so cute at the same time.

5. I think it is so adorable that he snuggles with a blankie to sleep.

No comments: