Monday, January 28, 2008

Ear piercing adventure


Mia got her ears pierced today and I just wanted to post a few pictures. I had wanted to get her ears pierced since she was born but I was continuously afraid. I just hated the thought of having something done that would hurt her but was completely unnecessary. After six months of deciding to go for it and then not going through with it, I finally did it. I went to Walmart not really thinking about getting her ears pierced. I filled my cart full of groceries and when I passed by the jewelry counter I thought, "It's now or never" and I just went for it on my way to the check-out. The lady marked her ears with the purple marker and called another worker over to help. I hated having to hold Mia's arms down and her head still but she did really well and didn't fight against me. They each took their turn with the piercing guns...pop, pop...and it was over. Mia screamed for about 20 seconds as I prepared her bottle, but as soon she got it in her mouth she had forgotten about the whole incident.

One of the reasons I wanted her to have earrings so badly was because she doesn't have much hair and a lot of people have thought she was a boy...even once when she had a pink shirt on with flowers. So, I thought that getting her ears pierced would keep people from calling her a boy, but I guess that was too much to expect because as we left the post office today...with her new earrings shining in the sun, her shirt with a lace collar, her sweater adorned with flowers...a lady commented, "Aww look at him, he's so cute." I've done everything short of tatooing "I'm a girl" on her head. Oh well...

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

2 comments:

Patty said...

She is adorable and the new earrings are precious. Thanks for letting me come over and enjoy her for awhile tonight. She's very sweet and fun. I love you all.

JM said...

Hey Krista!! She is so cute, and I can't believe she is 6 months old already its seems like you just had her yesterday! Glad to hear things are going well.