Monday, January 14, 2008

Update and Prayer

I finally feel like I've established some sort of routine here after the craziness of the holidays. I realized today that it has been over a month since I've posted and so much has happened over the last few weeks. My family and I had a successful move back to the great Scioto county where I was born and raised. The minor problems we had with the truck seems so minuscule to me now after all that has happened.

David's job at Bigelow Church was in full swing only a week after our arrival. He is currently in charge of the order of service as well as leading the worship on Sunday mornings. He co-teaches one of the adult Sunday school classes--a review of the Reformation (if you know my husband well, you know that is a complete dream come true). And he is helping to write the curriculum for the next class on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood. He also is scheduled to preach next Sunday morning. He gets along really well with the other pastors and elders and we are constantly amazed at how quickly this church has begun to love and welcome us.

I've already had many opportunities to get involved at the church. My first calling is to help my husband, so I have helped him introduce new songs to the congregation and given him feedback on the service and his Sunday school lessons. I'm getting to know the other pastors' wives pretty well and have already learned so much! I'm excited to glean from their experiences. I've read a lot about being a pastor's wife but nothing compares to observing a wife who has been by her husband's side for over 20 years while he pastored the same church. David and I are meeting new friends at our small group and I've been asked to help plan a women's retreat in the Spring.

As many of you know we had been praying that David would get a job. Our prayers have been answered! David was hired on Tuesday last week as an adjunct professor in English at Shawnee State University. He had wanted to teach there since the first time we thought we were going to move last July but had continuously been discouraged since they weren't hiring and he found out that they required a PhD to teach there. He thought this job was out of the question and had applied at Starbucks, Kroger, and UPS (all places he was just willing to settle for) until our pastor mentioned he knew someone and could get David an interview. The next day he was hired on the spot. God is so good...he orchestrated it so that our faith was strengthened and that David got the job he had truly wanted. Now David is in a position where we are more available to minister to the college students at Shawnee, which is what we had really had a passion for all along.

Please continue to pray for us as our ministry here progresses. We need prayer to help us reach out to the people in our community and to minister to the members of our church. And as well, I still struggle with trusting God with Mia's health and the complications that her condition presents as we try to find insurance. But in all, I am praising the Lord because He has done so much for us and taught us so much...I'm excited to see what He has in store for us.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Thanks for the update, even though I'm here to experience them with you. I am so thankful to God that He has brought you back to Scioto County and the ministries opportunities He is bringing you. Also praising God for the job! And, you KNOW that this nana is so happy to have her precious Mia close by to see. I love you all.