Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Rainy Day Fun

Since the rain has trapped us indoors today I am getting to see my daughter's many tricks as she attempts to overcome boredom...and in doing so, she is making things a little less tedious for me as well.

We have rolled the ball back and forth for awhile. She would hold the ball in her hand and flail her arms around until the ball slipped out of her hands and rolled across the floor. Occasionally the ball rolled to me as I sat only a couple feet away...but the game wasn't really being played for accuracy, we were just having fun. And from the squeals and giggles that escaped from Maleigha I could tell our goal had been reached.

I have also seen her repertoire of goofy faces. She finds it facinating to grind her teeth together which makes a horrible noise and contorts her face into an awkward but cute grin. She also loves to blink at me and blow spit out of the side of her mouth.

But most of our time was spent today dancing with the music turned up loud. My little Mia loves to dance and she's pretty good at it too. She shimmies her shoulders back and forth and rocks back and forth on her bottom. When she stands up she bounces with her knees bent and cocks her head to one side and then the other with a big grin on her face. With as much fun as we had today, I would wish for rainy days everyday!

1 comment:

Patty said...

Aw....I wish I had come to your house to spend the rainy day. I love to watch Mia dance. She really is good at it! She's going to be a belly dancer, I'm just sure of it. :) Love you both so much!!!