Wednesday, October 21, 2009

20 Cute Things My Daughter Does


1. She stays in bed for at least 30 minutes before and after sleeping to fill her bed full of books and read



2. She says "sutu duty" instead of sleeping beauty and "blanklet" instead of blanket and "moofie" instead of movie



3. She thinks "I love you" and "I miss you" are the same thing



4. She loves to have her fingernails painted and to wear a tutu, a million necklaces and bows all the way around her head



5. She says that her brother's name means "God gave us a present"



6. When going to bed she looks at me with sad, puppy dog eyes and says, "Lay, Mommy, lay" and wants me to lay with her for a few minutes before she reads...and of course I find it impossible to say no



7. She finds a way to sing everything to the tune of "Twinkle, twinkle little star"



8. She has started saying, "Oh, wait a second" and "Five more minutes"



9. She sings very loudly at church with her eyes closed and her hands raised up to the sky...on many occasions she also dances



10. She makes up names for characters in her books...such as "Buki, Zoofa and Masa"



11. She always tries to find a way to make people feel better when they are sad or sick...like once I was sick in bed and she came in to see me. She didn't know what else to say so she said the happiest thing she could thing of, "Happy Birthday, Mommy!"



12. She LOVES babies...even the doll she found at Target that only had one eye. She would not put it down and rocked it and pretended to give it a bath and sang to it.



13. She talks about what Zane is going to do when he gets here..."Eat and POOP and sleep and POOP and cry and POOP"



14. Everything makes her super excited...suckers at the bank, hot dogs for lunch, wearing her panda shoes, going on a walk. And that she has started saying "Best day ever" or "Best book ever"...or best (anything) ever



15. She would look at pictures for hours...in picture albums, on the computer, on the camera, on someones phone



16. When listening to music in the car...it has to be turned up and can never, ever be turned off and sometimes everyone in the car is required to sing along



17. When going out on a windy day she immediately yells, "Oh no, my hair". What a girly girl! I don't know where she came from!



18. She is learning how to use her cuteness to get what she wants (thankfully, I'm learning not to give in everytime she is cute, or she would always have candy for breakfast). So, she asks for something once in a normal tone and then turns her head to the side, grins really big and changes the tone of her voice to small and cute and asks again.


19. Right now it is cute that she wants to act like a baby...she gets one of her baby doll bottles, a blanket and a pacifier and wants me to hold her while she whimpers and cries like a baby. I'm sure it will get a little old after Zane arrives.


20. I love that she is already a runner...when we go on walks, she jogs out in front of us with her arms pumping. She looks so cute and actually has really good form for a 2-year-old

2 comments:

Patty said...

I could add so many more things that she does that are cute! I love that little girl so much!! :) She is a girly girl, but loves to wrestle with her best guy, Brycie. Oh, don't get me started. Of course, I love it when she hugs me and says "Aw..Nana"...melts my heart. Thanks for posting this--makes me smile and think about so many more things about her I love. I love that God blessed us with her!

Amanda Grace said...

Krista,
Just wanted to let you know that I check in and follow your blog and this was such a precious post!! These will be special memories for years to come. I am praying for you and your upcoming miracle!