Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Back to School Interview

I decided to try to do homeschooling with Mia twice a week this year to get her ready to go to preschool next year. She is so interested in going to school but hasn't totally mastered the potty yet. To start out the year I thought we could make a time capsule and fill it with drawings and writing samples and other things so that at the end of the year we can compare how far she has come. I also thought a good memory to have would be a list of questions for her to answer about herself. Yesterday, while she was sitting down for lunch I asked her the questions and recorded her answers.

What did you do this summer?
Play, painted, go to Nana's house, we go to Louisville, we saw Lillian, we rode Small World (she then started singing, "It's a small world after all...")

What do you think you will learn at school this year?
I don't know. We are reading and coloring. (more singing, "It's a small, small world."

What is your favorite color? Pink
What is your favorite movie? Peter Pan
What is your favorite food? Cheeseburger (what she was eating for lunch)
What is your favorite TV show? Dora
What is your favorite toy? Toy Story--I like Jesse and Woody
What is your favorite outfit to wear? My butterfly dress and my turtle dress

Who do you like to play with? What do you like to play?
Bryce and Collin...and ummm, Kylie. I like to play blocks. Kylie don't usually go to Nana's house. You member last time Bryce and Collin come to Nana's house and he say, "Building!" That was fun.

What makes you happy? Playing, bouncing and I like to jump (then she started singing "dancey, dancey dance....dancey, dancey, dance")
Sad? Zane's messing all my toys up
Excited? My makeup with curling iron with dryer. I can dry my hair and put make up. (more singing--"today is the day you have made...")
Mad? Zane's wearing my bib. He eating and I'm mad...I'm really mad.
Scared? The dark makes me scared. (then she started acting silly, looking down at the circles we had just made for a project) OOO...cirlces make me scared! Ahh!

Where do you like to go?
Nana's house. Sometimes Bryce comes.

What do you like about yourself?
Myself is sparkly...that's all I wanted to do

What can you do to make someone else happy?
Somebody to give another toy to anybody who doesn't have any toys.

Is there anything else you wanted to say?
My face looks like I'm sparkly. That's all.

No comments: