Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Growing Big and Strong

Mia had her one month doctor's visit today and everything is looking great. She is now 20.5 inches long and weighs 8lbs 5oz. She has grown so much since she was born when she was 18.5 inches and 7lbs 2oz. The doctor said she is one of the most alert and responsive babies she has ever seen at this age. She really does love smiling and talking...even to the point that she won't sleep if she knows there are people around to play with. We have loved watching our little girl grow over the last month.

Over the last month I have had to learn how to trust God to protect and take care of Mia. I worry that she isn't getting enough to eat, I worry that I'm feeding her too much, I worry that she will choke in her sleep, I worry that I'm not holding her enough, I worry that I'm holding her too much, I worry about her schedule...and so on. But it all comes down to that God is in control of her life anyway and there is only so much I can do. So far, He has given us a healthy, happy baby that has given us so much joy...and right now that is all I could ask for.

1 comment:

Patty said...

God has used that precious little girl to bring joy to all our lives. Praise Him for his wonderful gift of her life. She is so special to us. Give her love from Nana.