Saturday, July 21, 2007

Maleigha will be here next week!!

I haven't updated my blog for quite awhile. Our internet was only working on our slow computer and it was frustrating to try to type out e-mails and blog entries when there was so much delay. But anyway, I just wanted to fill you in on what is going on with the pregnancy situation.


I went to the doctor on Thursday and because my fluids were up the time before and I was measuring bigger, they didn't have to do an ultrasound. I was thankful for multiple reasons--one, because that reassured me that my baby is okay and two, we were having to pay for half of every ultrasound they did and those things can be kind of expensive, and three, the ultrasound technicians are not the most friendly people in the world--I think they might be in the dark for too much of the day and that makes them grouchy. I was glad to not have to see them again.


But at this appointment there was still no progress so I discussed with the nurse practitioner what would happen if I went over my due date. She explained that they don't like to let women go more than a week over because of health risks to the mother and baby. I was relieved by that, but it still wasn't good enough for me so I pressed a little further. "Is there any way that I could be induced sooner than that?" She thought it through and said the best she could do was to get me in to see a doctor on Monday who could schedule me to be induced on Thursday.


It is so exciting to see the end in sight. If she doesn't come before then, we will have our baby on Thursday!

1 comment:

Patty said...

I know her Nana can't wait to meet that precious little bundle. Please take care of yourself and rest up. I also can't wait to see you again. I miss you and LOVE you so much.