Saturday, June 16, 2007

3rd Anniversary Highlights

David and I are celebrating our 3rd anniversary today...our anniversary is actually on Tuesday but since he is taking classes this summer and working the night shift at UPS I may very well not even get to see him that day. We are probably going to the art museum, going out to eat (probably for Chinese food since that is what baby Maleigha wants), and possibly a movie. Not having exact times and places is so not like us, but I guess it's good that we are becoming a little more relaxed about stuff like that...we will need a more laid back attitude for when the baby comes. So anyway...I just wanted to look back over the past year and highlight some of the memories of our 3rd year of marriage.

3. Walks around SBTS campus--in the last year we have probably made at least 200 trips on foot around the beautiful campus of Southern Seminary. There were somedays...and many of them have been lately because of how uncomfortable I have gotten in my final weeks of pregnancy...that we took 3 walks in one day. It seems as if our conversations flow more freely. It is then that we find out the most about each other--what we think on certain issues, what happened in our busy days, what plans we have for the future. Even if it's just for a few minutes, we walk away from all other obligations to spend time with each other.

2. Time with friends and family--We have had planned and unplanned get-togethers, dinners at church, baseball games, cook-outs, parties and through all these experiences David and I have met some of the best friends we have ever had. We have such a unique opportunity to build relationships with the people at our church who truly understand what we are going through. It is encouraging to know that we have so many people who are genuinely interested in our lives and pray for us when we struggle. We have also been blessed to see the relationship grow with my family in particular. We trust my mom and dad to help us and pray for us in times of need. I feel like I can talk to my brother and sister now about things I never would talked about before--feelings and emotions, our relationships with God, etc. We look forward to building these relationships in our future years together.

1. And of course the brightest highlight of this past year has been--Waiting for Maleigha. Our 2nd year of marriage was marked by the struggles, frustrations, and disappointment of infertility. We learned to rely on each other and trust the Lord in ways we never thought possible. But after testing our faith and blessing us with a better relationship with each other, the Lord saw fit to give us a child. Maleigha was conceived in October 2006 and the past 8 months have been spent waiting for her arrival. The joy of finding out we were having a baby is not only the highlight of our 3rd year of marriage, it is also one of the highlights of my life. I will praise the Lord every time I see or even think of Maleigha, for he has blessed us greatly.

No comments: