Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Waiting for Maleigha



My mom was excited that I had started my blog back up again because she thought it would be a good way to see how my pregnancy is progressing and to get updates on how her little granddaughter is doing. I hadn't actually posted anything about either of those things...I didn't know where to start. So this post is for my mom. Hopefully now that I've gotten started I will post more about what is going on with Maleigha.


The picture above is my first pregnant belly picture. It was November 19th...Mia had only been in existence for a month so she hadn't started to effect my shape yet (I'm still wearing my regular jeans). Only David and I knew--it was fun having our own exciting little secret. We were finally done with fertility medications and monthly disappointments. Our hearts no longer ached with empty longing but were full of praise to God for answering our prayers.

The picture to the right is my most recent pregnant belly picture. It was taken on Jun 17...a little over a month to go. It's hard to believe that I've been pregnant that long. Except for the months that I was sick (and even then it wasn't too bad because friends, family and holiday festivities kept me pretty busy) the time has just flown by. Now that we have Maleigha's room in order and I know the day is coming soon, I just get more and more excited for her to be here. I want to know what she looks like and I want to hold her and see how proud and loving her daddy is when he holds her. This girl is so loved already...and we haven't even seen her.

1 comment:

Patty said...

We definitely are all anxiously awaiting for Princess Maleigha. I know she will be as beautiful as her mommy--both inside and out. God has blessed our family greatly with the conception of Baby Maleigha. Her Nana is very excited and can hardly wait to meet her. I love you both!!!