Thursday, June 21, 2007

Just a day in the life...

I couldn't think of anything else to write today so I thought I'd share about my eventful day. David marched loudly into the bedroom at 7:00 this morning and rolled playfully onto the bed beside me...I got a glimpse of what he must feel like when I cheerfully wake him from his short nights of slumber. He had worked all night and collapsed on the couch at 5 am for a little power nap before class. He explained his intrusive actions by explaining that he needed some company while he ate his breakfast and since I was supposed to get together with Samantha at 9:00 I thought I might as well start my day a little early.

He traveled his usual path around the internet--you know, reading blogs, checking the news--while I looked over his shoulder. He took a break from his rountine to get dressed and then he was out the door. I threw on some clothes, pulled my hair back and put some makeup on just in time for my phone to ring--that was my cue that Samantha must be waiting. We walked to Heine Bros. for coffee and chatted about life as seminary wives. After we took a lap around the block and then around the campus I was ready to rest so I went home to rejuvenate before I had to run my errands.

As you know, baby Maleigha is coming soon so I had a few random things to do to get ready for her arrival...one of them being to get the things I need for my bag to take to the hospital. I spent hours at Target picking out just the right toothbrush and making sure all my travel bottles matched. I probably have much more than I really need...but I guess I was having so much fun I just got carried away. I just hope that her arrival comes sooner rather than later or I'm going to run out of things to keep me busy.

So, here I am now at 8:15 pm waiting for David to wake up. Maybe he'll get a little pay back for the abrupt wake-up call he gave me this morning or maybe I will be the better person and let him sleep a few extra mintues...we'll just have to see.

No comments: