Thursday, June 28, 2007

No News is Good News and the Grace of God

I guess no news is good news when it comes this close to the end of my pregnancy. My 36 week appointment yesterday was pretty uneventful...heartbeat is still great, no dilation yet...no big surprises. I think my hopes for her coming a little early were never very realistic...Maleigha is my first baby, my siblings and I were all late and general statistics aren't really in my favor. I should probably count on her being on time or just a little late. I'm just so ready for her to be here!

I got a little experience in parenting today. I watched a little girl from my church who is just a couple months old. I had never been left alone that long with a child that small but I welcomed the opportunity to get some practice. It wasn't as terrifying as I thought it would be. She slept a lot and only cried a little. But, during the whole process, it did help for me to remember that she was going back to her mother at the end of the morning...it kept me from getting too overwhelmed. Although I gained some confidence in taking care of an infant, I still feel a little nervous considering that when my baby cries, I can't just call her mother because I will be her mother. But I do know that I can call on God and He will give me the grace that I need...His hand will sustain me when I can't sustain myself.

No comments: